Manfred Nüscheler Swiss record-breaker
Manfred has held seven Guinness world records for roller racing related cycling. He has won over 80 roller races most of these between 1983 and 1990, in June1984 he won six events (and six bikes) in one month! The records Manfred has set are pretty mind-blowing, will he come out of retirement to take on younger riders in the growing goldsprints scene?
Manfred’s Amazing Records:
- Sustained power of 1020 watts average over one minute to power 100 electric razors (13 May 1991)
- Maximum peak power 2378 watts for 3 seconds to power 200 energy saving light bulbs (22 March 1995)
- 14.36 seconds for 500 metres, average speed 126kph / 78mph, maximum speed 133 kmh /83mph
on the CYCLUS 2 Recordtrainer Gear ratio 54×12 / 121.5″ (15 August 1997)
- 32.48 seconds for 1000m average speed 111kph / 69mph, maximum speed 119 kmh /74mph
on the CYCLUS 2 Recordtrainer Gear ratio 54×12 / 121.5″ (8 August 1997)
- Cadence record 271 RPM on 170mm cranks (9 March 1990)
- Absolute speed record on a standard bike164.1 kmh / 102 mph 54 x 11 gear (16 September 2000)
- Acceleration 0-100kmh in 1.7 seconds 52 x 13 gear (28 March 1990)
- Manfred Nuescheler 1020 watts 100 razors
Manfred remains a keen supporter and follower of the modern roller-racing scene and claims he has retired from roller-racing… a pity.
Note: Manfred’s records are unbelievable and he has achieved even more Manfred’s absolute speed record was set on a standard bike, a commercially available Moser frame with Campagnolo gears on standard Minoura rollers. Other faster roller records have been set, however these have been on special non-standard bikes with custom gears made specifically for the attempt, we’ll be bringing you these other record breakers soon.